Saturday, February 15, 2014

Vogue 1312 The Famous Picture!

Well, here it is, folks, the one we've all been waiting for.....


All I can say about this is that I love it. And yes, I am squatting. And yes, I am very tall.

I ended up with a sleeveless version even though I really wanted sleeves, but when you don't have enough fabric, you just go with what you have. This is ponte knit from JoAnn's and I love the fabric. Sews well, good weight, launders well, topstitches well, good price. I just need to buy more.

One more picture...

Due to the lighting you can see the seaming detail in this photo. I look a little chunky in this photo--well, I was wearing a pair of pants up under the dress. It's cold here!

Thanks for stopping by. Next post I will have finish photos of Vogue 1387 View A. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You got the pose exactly right. Nice job!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

What a beautiful color! Love the pose, too!

Susan Fogel said...

Gorgeous, rich, royal blue...love the dress and the pose.
Next do one laying on your back with your legs up and against the wall. That is one of the Vogue poses that was too silly to make me angry about objectifying the model.
Love your dress.
And thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

Gail said...

It's a gorgeous dress, but you realise the pattern jacket pose was a nod to the design inspiration - a modesty shroud for childbirth!

Tany said...

I think the dress turned out just gorgeous!! Well done!

gMarie said...

This is a great dress and I love the backstory on the pose. It looks very comfortable. Nice job. g