Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dismayed! Vogue 1177

After tons of thread tracing, basting, reconfiguring tucks on the bodice fronts, backs, and sleeves, I finally set in the sleeves on the dress/top/blouse/whatever.

And the sleeves are too tight. I don't have more fabric to cut new ones.

The sleeves are gorgeous, by the way. Love the style of this, love the tucks, love the design.

Hate the pattern itself. It is NOT drafted correctly. NONE of the tucks are correct. Not the front bodice tucks, not the back bodice tucks, and goodness gracious alive, not the sleeve tucks either.

I have the skirt and casing already assembled. All I have left to do is sew on the front bands, serge two seams, and make buttonholes.

I should have compared the sleeves to the the Burda sleeves I just fitted. Should have, could have, too late now.

I'm trying to figure out how to salvage this one.

Any ideas out there?

No comments: