Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Purple Passion

I'm busy sewing buttons on the Little Red Dress, and have finally picked out the pattern for the next dress (which I'm calling Purple Passion). I'm going to use this pattern, and have pretty much decided on the style in the bottom right hand corner--the green one:

The entire top of the bodice is pleated and smocked (no separate yoke pattern is used). Since I'll be making this in a 12 months size, I'm undecided as to whether I'll use the collar. Since we are rapidly heading into Spring, this one will have short sleeves. No decision yet on lace embellishments.
I've used this pattern before (I used the style with a separate yoke) and the back yoke facing directions are more than a little convoluted. So I will probably change that this time around. The skirt is very wide and works up nicely. Here's the Purple Passion fabric:
This is a Cranston print, and the scan looks a little blue to me. The actual background is purple. I'm going to use two shades of purple, red, hot pink, and maybe the green for the actual smocking. Any suggestions from cyberland? Comments are welcome! If you've used this pattern before, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: