Thursday, January 18, 2007

Purple Passion on the Cutting Table

Here's another retro style that found its way here. What do I like about it? The pockets. Aren't they great? They're big and I really love the buttons! I also like the princess seams, which allow for fitting adjustments, and the darts in the bodice side seams.



But the thing that threw me over the edge on this pattern? Check out the blue dress--the sleeves, I mean. Don't you just love the little banding trim? I see this in a beautiful cotton floral for summer, no belt, and of course, lose the crinoline. It zips on the side. Did you notice the waistline darts? I don't think I've seen a combination of princess seams with waistline darts before. Here's the pattern back:


Of course, you could do it in a solid. Or eliminate the facings and use bias trim. But big buttons are an absolute must. Grading this pattern up is also necessary, since it has been a long time since I zipped up a size 12.

No comments: