The pattern, the cut pieces, the lining, the thread, and the lace all showed up.
Candle suggested that I use a contrasting fabric for the collar and pockets, an idea I loved. I rummaged around and found an almost perfect tiny little yellow check. If I had more of it, it would have been completely perfect. Alas, only 1/4 yard. And since the nearest fabric store is almost an hour away from here, I had to go with what I had.
Next, I put the lining pieces on it, pinning it on the interfacing side. I did it this way so that with the next line of stitching I can stitch exactly on the first basting line. And I do mean exactly. I start out in the first hole of the first basting stitch, and I baste these pieces together:
Here she is practicing the Royal Curtsy:
The dress actually hits her about mid-calf, but it's hard to tell with all this jumping going on.