Monday, August 13, 2007

I Got Seduced At The Mall

Yes, I did. By this:






















And I am enjoying every second of it. Who says you can't buy happiness?


This is Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. Fabulous. No, I haven't ever done any lace knitting. But you betcha I want to now, after buying this book. I had seen it mentioned on several blogs and of course, as usual, I went by what I had previously read about it before even plucking it off the shelf. The photo on the front is what seduced me. I followed my usual method of not even flipping through it first--if you've been a reader for a while you know that the ANTICIPATION of getting this home, all to myself, with a cup of coffee is worth the wait.

I wasn't disappointed. The designs are wonderful (there are only two that I wouldn't consider knitting) and the photography is outstanding. Gorgeous stuff. Buy one if you can. This is one of those books that will be out of print 5 years from now and will command huge $$$$ on eBay. Maybe I should invest in another copy to resell later......

If anyone knows where to get the skirt fabric on the front cover, please say so. It, too, is beyond beautiful.

I need some lace weight yarn, I think. And somewhere to go so I can wear a lace shawl in hot pink.

No comments: