Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Coming To You Live From The Hottest Place On Earth

Hot. Really, really hot. That's how I spent the afternoon, hot and sweaty, fighting off the gnats, selling tickets at a ballgame.

I had tons of customers, but once the games were underway the crowd slacked off. So I got in the car, turned on the air conditioner, and knitted on The White Thing. And I finished this piece, which bears a surprising resemblance to a back, doesn't it?




That double row of eyelets at the top of the back yoke looks as if it needs some satin ribbon running through it, doesn't it?

Continental Knitting, Continued...

On the subject of continental knitting, I forgot to mention yesterday that this style of knitting gives me the even stitches. Since the thread winds among the fingers and palm of the left hand, my purl rows are identical to my knit rows. The path of the yarn provides the tension. I have a hard time achieving that with the throwing method of knitting, but the throwing method does come in handy when doing two-color work. But I cannot imagine doing the throwing method all the time. I'd just quit entirely.

Maybe I can cast on more White Stuff tomorrow.

Baby Daygowns

And I'm still shopping for baby daygown patterns. Have any of you used any of the Nancy Coburn patterns? If so, please leave a comment. I'd love some input.

1 comment:

MadeByAmanda said...

That's funny. Yesterday it was very cold here. First time we've turned on the heater in ages.