Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 1-Ready, Set, Go!

Let us now begin the nine glorious days of fall vacation, which I am calling my Fall Fashion Fling!

The Men Folk have all left and are off somewhere playing with a chainsaw. Load Number 2 is in the Merry-Go-Round, and Load Number 1 is riding in the Whirly-Gig. I have the house to myself!

Contestant A won the election by a landslide, and I have to admit it was calling to me the loudest:




This is a slinky, sheer, chiffony thing I picked up at Joann Fabrics a while back. Those whitish stripes aren't white; instead they are a black satiny weave. Very pretty. Since I own 11 pairs of black pants, this will work well with my pitiful wardrobe. I hope to gradually move away from the Dowdy Grandma look to the Interesting Fashionable look.

This really is sheer, but not so sheer as to be Madonna-ish, if you know what I mean. Of course I plan to wear a black tank or camisole under it, since I am such a shy little thing. See how sheer?




It looks WAY too sheer in the photo, but it's not that much in real life. I'm going to have to test out some interfacing for the collar before the day is over.

Mr. Scissors, where are you?





If you have your own piece of slinky, sheer, chiffony goodness that is speaking to you, here are some tips for you when the time comes to lay it out and use the scissors on it:

Required Items:
  • one large pot of coffee, with caffine
  • three hundred straight pins
  • the patience of Job
And she's off!

No comments: