Sunday, November 18, 2007

All Pleated Up

This has been a very busy week at work, finishing up on loose ends before the start of our Thanksgiving break. That's right, kiddies, I'm out for the entire week!

I cut out Stormy Night on Wednesday, and got around to seaming it up on Friday afternoon. It made a trip throught the pleater late Friday night, with seven rows of pleats. Yesterday I went and did a bit of Christmas shopping with She Who Is Pregnant With Twins.

Right now the dress is being blocked, like so:




I'm very happy with the way this pleated up. I really do like this fabric now, and I think it will be a sweet little old-fashioned dress. I've said before that the pleating is one of my favorite processes when sewing, because the fabric can look entirely different once it's pleated.

I'm going to put a row or two of smocking on this tonight to see how the smocking pattern and thread colors I've picked will look. Somewhere I've picked up a nasty head and chest cold, so I'm sort of dragging around. Hopefully it will go away soon because I have a LOT of sewing planned for this week!

No comments: