Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Dress To Dance In

A Princess came to see us, and she has a new dress!




Here's a back shot. It's very difficult to take a picture of a dancing baby, but we tried:




The dress is the perfect length on her. It just looks long due to the angle of the photos. It was being taken by a very tall Number One son.

Here she is again, and that's her Grandma (me) in the background, laughing at her:




What?????? You don't let your babies dance on the kitchen table? She can do anything at Grandma's house.

I have the next project underway. I'm using this pattern, Woodland Fairy, from issue 49 of Australian Smocking and Embroidery:




I will probably use a different smocking plate, and I am going to lengthen the sleeves to 3/4 length if I have enough fabric.

I'm going to challenge myself a bit on this project, by using this almost ugly, almost boring, almost unsuitable fabric. Meet Stormy Night:




The background is an intensely dark midnight navy, with gold flowers and dark green stems. I hope to "baby" it up with embroidery, maybe some piping, maybe some ribbon, maybe some lace. If you have any suggestions on how I can pretty this up, leave a comment! We'll see what develops!

Thanks to all of you for the kind compliments on Frolic. I really appreciate all your encouragement, and your comments keep me going!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Look at those big eye balls =) She'll look fab in the colors of Stormy night! We want pictures of the Princess's Mommy's baby belly!!!

Anonymous said...

sure dancing on the table is fine at grandmas Just make sure there is a spotter so she doesn't get a bump on the pretty little head.

Grandma's house is the place to do the things that would drive Mom mad.

By the way great dress too.