Saturday, November 10, 2007

Finished Frolic

I didn't get in any sewing time yesterday after all. I had forgotten that I had to sell tickets at the football game. But college football games on TV and sewing were made for each other, so I finished this up during the Georgia vs Auburn game. Go Dawgs!


Here's the official On The Hanger shot of the front:





And here's the official On The Hanger shot of the back, with a wonkily-tied bow, I might add:






I love this little dress! And since I didn't show this to you yet, the pattern name is Tea With Isabella from issue 50, 2000, of Australian Smocking and Embroidery:





I made the size 18 months. The only pattern change I made was to shorten the length by 5 inches, simply because I didn't have enough fabric. So my version doesn't have the double tucks at the hemline. They show this smocking design on a bishop dress (that's the cover shot) and also as a square yoke, which is what I made. But I can see one of these little bishops in the very near future.....

I need to go cut out a new project!

2 comments:

LauraLo said...

This is breathtakingly beautiful.

Shannon said...

Absolutely adorable! I'd love to see your version of a bishop dress!

Shannon F