Friday, December 7, 2007

One Tree Up....

Long time no post. First a bit of a flu, then quite a bit of a stomach virus has kept me from doing pretty much anything fun. Throw in some Christmas shopping and work, and that's what I've been up to. So of course, I haven't done any smocking or sewing for more than a week.


But in between the flu and the stomach virus, we did manage to put up a tree or two. Here's one of them, the Hall Tree:


It's hard to photograph a Christmas tree. I finally climbed up on the staircase to get this picture.
This is our fruit tree. It's six feet tall and sits atop the sideboard in the front hallway. It is decorated with a zillion little lights and satin and beaded fruits--apples, pears, pomegranates, grapes, etc. We always enjoy this tree a lot, since we can see it from downstairs and upstairs. You have to walk past it to get upstairs, so the children and their friends enjoy it as much as we do.
I'm itching to smock and sew again, so I plan to get going with it again this weekend. But first, I'm going to a basketball game!
Have a nice afternoon!

No comments: