Sunday, February 10, 2008

Doritos-The Skirt

The next step on Doritos is to construct the triangular skirt borders. For this, I need to draft a pattern that will fit the circumference of the bottom of the skirt. In my case, the circumference was divisible by 4, so I drew off triangles with a 4 inch base. I wanted them to be 3 inches "tall", so I drew in the midpoint, and added seam allowances, like so:





I drew off a long strip, and had this:




I cut 5 inch wide fabric strips (I used 3), seamed them together and pressed them well, then traced off the pattern.

If you have Fear Of Clipping, a border like this is definitely not for you. You won't be happy if you don't clip!

I made two border sections (one white and one natural), stacked them, sewed them on, and lookee here, yall, I have a skirt!



I'm happy now.