I do have the final version of the skirt pattern for Twirl. The red lines are the new and improved ruffle markings:
And I do have a shot of the back of the final sample. I only put ruffles on the back (so many strips!) and I double gathered what will become the bottom treatment. I did all this to check the final length.
Here's a close up shot of the bottom part pulled apart. Sorry it's such a wonky photo, but you get the idea:
Cute, huh? I think this will work. As always, holler at me, people, with your comments.
And for the oh-so-curious, here's the fabric choices for Twirl--royal purple, hot pink, and purple crinoline, just in case:
And even though I'm not at school today, this old dog learned a new trick this morning. It was serendipity, yall. I had planned to serge the ruffle edges, and wound regular sewing thread on bobbins to use on the serger since I couldn't find regular serging thread to match my fabric. As luck would have it, I managed to unthread one of the little doohickeys in the serger. So I dug out the serger manual, and Lo And Behold, it fell open to a page that said if you flip this one teeny little lever, the serger will AUTOMATICALLY convert to a ROLLED HEM! With no magic required! Or special pressure feet! Or anything else!
I'm totally excited. Now I can roll hem all those ruffle edges instead of serging them.
The Force Is With Me.