Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Details on Colorblocked Dress

Gail left a comment on yesterday's post about the roomy white pants. She passed on the pants but loved the jacket. Me, too. While trying to find more photos of that jacket, I stumbled upon more images on this stunner from Carolina Herrera SS 2012 RTW that I talked about yesterday.


A bit of sleuthing led to the fact that the fabric is black and off-white cotton. It can be yours, NOW, if you are a size 12 and are willing to pay 2,290.00 smackers for it. Just head on over to the Neimann Marcus website.

These photos are from NM and show the dress with and without the belt. Also notice that it in fact does button down the front.


Princess seaming in the back, too. The back neckline is squared like the front and the armholes seem a bit scooped out.




In this photo you can see the bag and bracelet. I just love a good bag. Or even a bad one.


Here is a still from the runway showing the dress as seen from the side. Two things I want to comment on here (1) I want to feed this model something (2) Check out Anna Wintour and the getup on the singing sensation sitting beside her. Did you notice the two of them match? Kind of? Sorta? Both wearing orange? Bet they planned it.


Of course, I've been looking for a princess seamed shirtdress. And I found it. And I added it to my Club BMV order. It's McCalls 5847, a Palmer/Pletsch design with multi-cup sizing:


I just love pattern line drawings, don't you?


The smocking continues on the little dress. More later.

No comments: