Saturday, November 17, 2012

Burda 7189 Yet Another Muslin

After making several length adjustments I cut out a new muslin. Even though I lengthened the sleeves in the arm section and in the sleeve cap area, I still ended up slicing and dicing this sleeve into a jillion little sections trying to get a better fit.

 
This sleeve appears way more distorted and misshapen than it actually is. You can see the various inserts and adjustments are kind of buckling up. The lower edge is pleated and that makes this sleeve look so horribly Frankensteined.
 
Even so, so far so good. The fit of the body of the shirt is much better.
 
Still working on the sleeve cap and bicep width for this pattern. I really, really like this pattern so I'll keep at it.
 
More later. Thanks for reading, and as always, I'd love to hear your comments and input.

No comments: