Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Three Day Weekend

Here I am in the middle of a three-day weekend, and some may think that I have nothing to show for it yet. Not so. Yesterday I spent four hours straightening up the sewing room so I could actually sew in there. During the holidays it seems as if everything in the world wound up piled up--on the ironing board, all three tables, and heaped up in stacks on the floor. Who made that awful mess? Me.

I inherited two bookcases from my mother, and they are perfect in the sewing room. Here's one of them, the one I mentally refer to as "The Dress Cabinet":





All of that is my little girl dress fabric. Yeah, I know. I don't have enough, do I? Maybe tomorrow.......

At any rate, I finally did get to smocking on the sleeves for Stormy Night. Here's a very unflatttering photo of one of them in progress:




I'm off to cook some Italian Pork Chops for She Who Is Pregnant With Twins. We're up to 23 weeks and 2 days, and things are looking good. And this evening? Sewing, sewing, sewing. I've got my groove on!

1 comment:

Elise Dixon said...

Verry thoughtful blog