This took quite some time....first i knit the sweater back. The ENTIRE back.
Then I laid it out on the floor to admire it and noticed that it seemed really wide. As in, way, way too wide. So I measured it. And it was six inches wider than it was supposed to be.
As a rule, I get the correct gauge using the recommended needle size. Not so with this yarn.
Most people would have been upset with themselves, but not me. Because this meant I had to unravel it--yes, the whole thing--and would therefore have to REKNIT the entire thing. Yippee!! I love this yarn so much that I was HAPPY about this.
So I unraveled it and rewound the luscious stuff. Then I went down a needle size (to a size 7) and started knitting the left front. About six inches into it I decided to measure. And it was still too wide.
So I unraveled it and rewound it AGAIN. And then, and only then, did I decide to cast on 50 stitches in a size 6 needle and knit for gauge.
And now I've got it right. And so the photo above is the result of my knitting an ENTIRE back, MOST of the left front, and ALL of the left front.
Another thing to love about this yarn: it likes to be knitted, and unknitted, and knitted, and unknitted, and knit again. It holds up wonderfully with no thinning or deterioration at all, and I have proved it.
One last closeup look at the chevrony goodness!