Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Love Affair

I am consumed with the spark of a love affair.......with Noro yarn.

I bought the loveliest, softest, lushest Noro ever. See?

This is Noro Kureyon in two colorways, 154 on the left and 183C on the right. The left one has tangerine, yellows, lime, purple, hot pink, turqouise, and every blend possible in the graduated colors. The right one ranges from black to charcoal, to pale greys, tan, chocolate and deep sea blues. They are beautiful. Just beautiful. And they are so soft that I spend way too much time squeezing them. When I'm not just staring at the yarn out of admiration for its sheer beauty, I'm squeezing it. Maybe I'll stare, squeeze, knit. This may take awhile.
I'm going to make this sweater, the Chevron Cardigan, from Jane Ellison's fabulous book, Knitting Noro:

I love this book. I want to knit everything in it. The designs are simple yet stylish with great schematics. The designs really do showcase the YARN, and that's what it is all about.

No comments: